STORY: Hong Kong Masks - Long queues for few face masks left in Hong Kongg
FIRST RUN: 0646
RESTRICTIONS: AP Clients Only
SOURCE: ASSOCIATED PRESS
STORY NUMBER: 4251945
DATELINE: 30 January 2020 - Hong Kong
RESTRICTION SUMMARY: AP CLIENTS ONLY
ASSOCIATED PRESS - AP CLIENTS ONLY
Hong Kong - 30 January 2020
1. Wide tracking shot of people queuing to buy face masks
2. Mid tracking shot inside shop selling masks, to counter
3. Wide of woman paying for one box of masks and next man in queue comes to counter and gives his voucher to cashier before she gets out box of masks to sell him
4. Close of basket with boxes of masks and pan and tilt up to wide of counter with people buying masks
5. Mid of shop entrance with staff with sign saying today's stock sold out
Long queues formed in Hong Kong on Thursday as residents lined up to buy some of the few remaining stocks of face masks in the territory, amid escalating concern over the deadly new virus that's sweeping neighbouring China.
A number of retailers brought in new batches of face masks but they were sold out within minutes.
Crowds waited hours before opening time, and shops tried to enforce a system of rationing, handing out slips of paper to people, first come first served, as they waited, entitling the holder to buy just one box of masks once doors opened.
At one shop in Causeway Bay, a box of masks was being sold for 55 Hong Kong dollars (approx US$7) - reasonable compared to some of the hiked prices that have recently seen a box of masks going for up to 500 Hong Kong dollars (approx $US65).
Clients are reminded:
(i) to check the terms of their licence agreements for use of content outside news programming and that further advice and assistance can be obtained from the AP Archive on: Tel +44 (0) 20 7482 7482 Email: email@example.com
(ii) they should check with the applicable collecting society in their Territory regarding the clearance of any sound recording or performance included within the AP Television News service
(iii) they have editorial responsibility for the use of all and any content included within the AP Television News service and for libel, privacy, compliance and third party rights applicable to their Territory.